- Action 1: State of the Art
- Action 2: Dredged sediments characterization
- Action 3: Scaled pilot plant
- Action 4: Implementation of an integrated system for management of sediment dredged
- Action 5: Design and experimental study for utilization of dredged sediments for environmental
- Action 6: Project management and monitoring
- Azione 7: Dissemination
- Results Achieved
- Final Workshop Coast-Best Life Project
Rome, Thursday June 27th
COAST-BEST CO-ordinated Approach for Sediment Treatment and BEneficial reuse in Small harbours neTworks.
Coordinating Beneficiary: Dipartimento di Idraulica, Trasporti e Strade – Uni Roma “La Sapienza”.
Associated Beneficiary: Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale (ISPRA), ARPA Emilia Romagna, SOGESID S.p.A., Dipartimento di Geoingegneria e Tecnologie Ambientali, Uni Cagliari, Envisan, ICOP., LabeLab.
Co-financer: Regione Emilia-Romagna.
Main objective of the project is to preserve the quality of coastal zones through integrated management of sediments from dredging activities in small harbours. The project will focus on the actions to be undertaken to promote environmentally friendly use of such fractions in an integrated system involving beach nourishment applications, reconstruction of morphological profiles as well as industrial applications. Such an approach will result in reducing land use for final disposal and consumption of natural primary resources. The transparency and measurability of procedures will assure reproducibility and communicability of results.
Where: Emilia-Romagna, Lazio, Sardegna (ITALY)
Investigation Area: 9 small harbours of the Emilia Romagna region (Cattolica, Porto Verde, Riccione, Rimini, Bellaria, Cesenatico, Cervia, Porto Garibaldi, Goro)