Action 1 involved the collection and critical analysis of information required to define the state of the art in reference to the territory under study, and the management of dredging activities and sediment. During this phase, detailed analyses were carried out on case studies regarding the management of dredged sediment, in order to identify possibilities and limitations in the application of tested techniques at sites taken into consideration. Information from previous studies was also gathered regarding the quality and quantity of dredged sediment in areas of interest, as well as site-specific restrictions.
- A.1.1: Collection and analysis of available reports on sediments quality in small harbors of the Emilia-Romagna region.
- A.1.2: Investigation about sediment management in small harbors of the Emilia-Romagna.
- A.1.3: State of the art of sediment treatment technologies in small harbors.
- A.1.4: Selection of 4 harbors for a detailed experimental campaign.
Main role: ARPA-ER
Download: Reports of the subactions
- Database containing the most relevant information gained from actions 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 [Deliverable A1.1, 1.2 e 1.3 – Annex report 7.2.2] [Due to the big size, this attachment is available by sending a request by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Selection of one or more representative sites for pilot-scale plant location and Study report [Deliverable A1.4 – Annex report 7.2.3] Annex 07.02.03 Deliverable action 1.4 (38)
- List of authorities contacted for data collection during action 1 [Annex report 7.2.26] List of Authorities (36)
Summary of the action
DB Marine sediments: it collects every chemical, physical and microbiological analysis since 1996. Built upon the project “Programma di ricerca per la gestione ed il riutilizzo dei sedimenti litoranei”.
Data from characterization of dredged sediments in small harbours in 1996-1997 collected by ARPA,
Data about Sacca di Goro.
- Data (quantities and qualitative characteristics of the sediments based on studies and analysis from 2000 to 2010 collected from:
- Technical Offices of the Municialities involved.
Selection of 4 sites
Between the 9 small main ports along the coast of Emilia Romagna (Goro, Porto Garibaldi, Cervia, Cesenatico, Bellaria Igea Marina, Rimini, Riccione, Porto Verde, Catholic) were selected 4 where conduct the characterization campaign planned in ‘Action 2. The selection was made based on the following elements:
- analysis of the first data available on the qualitative and quantitative characteristics of the subject of dredging sediments and included in the report relating to Action 1;
- overall condition of coastal shipping and the conditions of erosion / deposit is located in the stretch of coast;
- the economic importance that have selected ports in the coastal zone in the Region.
Were selected the following 4 ports:
- Porto Garibaldi,
- Bellaria Igea Marina.
Sampling activities in two ports
In June 2010 some samples were performed in the pilot port of Cesenatico and Rimini for the calibration of laboratory-scale separation.
- characterization of physical chemistry, microbiological and ecotoxicological, 142 samples, from 1996 to 2010,
- quantities of sediment dredged,
- legislative constraints,
- industrial / commercial activities,
- areas with restrictions on use.